Paging Dr. Amber


Two days ago, I felt a little phlegm in my throat and I told Sean I was going to get sick.
Yesterday, my throat was a little sore.
Last night, my neck felt like it couldn't support my head and I was rapidly developing a sinus headache.
This morning, I felt like my body was its normal size and my head was a Goodyear blimp. Stuffy, achy, sneazy, runny — you know the drill.

So I did what I always do. I broke out the patented "Amber Cure-All for Common Head Cold." Now, I don't think any of this is enlightening, but I swear, I always follow this regimen and I'm never sick for longer than two-to-three days (just watch; I'll be sick for a month now that I said that).

Paging Dr. Amber

When I wake up with a sore throat, I start small. These are practically industrial-strength Vick's cough drops, and they really do soothe fairly quickly. Now, that doesn't mean I can turn around and eat Tostitos or popcorn. It just means I can swallow slightly better.

Paging Dr. Amber

If I have to go somewhere, or stay alert for most of the day, then I pop a Sudafed. I hate swallowing pills, so the teeny tiny Sudafed is awesome for me. Funnily enough, whenever I give Sean a Sudafed, he gets worse. Whatevs.

Paging Dr. Amber

If I don't have to be anywhere important, then I bust out the Dayquil. Supposedly, Dayquil is non-drowsy. But, as my friends and family can attest, there is no such thing as "non-drowsy" for me. EVERYTHING knocks me out. I used to have fever dreams on Dimetapp!

I once came home from school, gave myself some Dimetapp and laid down on the couch for a nap. When my mother woke me up at 8 for dinner, I freaked out, insisted we were missing school and demanded she make me breakfast because I thought it was 8 a.m. the following day. She literally had to talk me down. So that's why I can only take Dayquil when I don't have to be at work. I took some today and multiple times, my head just kind of collapsed backward while I was sitting on the couch. But it works; my neck and throat still hurt a little, but I feel way better.

ALSO: If you're like me, and you get insanely achy, try the Thermocare heating pads for neck and shoulders. It really works, at least temporarily, and they sell a sample size for $2.99.

Paging Dr. Amber

This part is crucial: tomato soup (I like mine with a little parmesan). Forget chicken noodle; tomato soup is smooth, creamy, filling and can easily be dressed up or dressed down. It also doesn't have creepy, tiny chunks of chicken that you have to go fishing to find. If you're really stuffy, try chicken tortilla soup (I especially love the soup at Cheddar's); the spices will definitely clear those nasal passages.

Paging Dr. Amber

Finally, I skip the herbal tea with the honey and lemon that everyone always suggests. That's all fine and well, but chai is so much more decadent and deliciouso. ESPECIALLY when served in my beloved "Elvis Lives" mug from Graceland.

The only other tip I have: double fist orange juice and water throughout the day. I don't know why I think that works; it just makes me feel better, like I have control over the situation.

So, what are your superstitious get-better-quick tips? What did mom always do for you when your throat hurt or your tummy ached?

Related Site

-Online Wedding Planner

-Photographers Weddings




Documento sin título




Related Videos :below I show related videos and not so related to this article.

Title: PhoneTop: Applications for Cisco Unified Communications (HD)

PhoneTop Messenger, an award-winning product to complement Cisco UC, provides:

Live audio paging and intercom for Cisco UC
Wave file broadcast to IP phone groups
Text notification with instant feedback from recipients
Local weather alerts pushed to designated phone groups
Missing child Amber alerts pushed to designated phone groups
End user survey pushed to phone groups and results instantly available via web browser

You can obtain the evaluation copy at www.phonetop.com.
PhoneTop: Go Beyond Dial Tone.

Title: PhoneTop: Applications for Cisco Unified Communications

Overview of award-winning PhoneTop Messenger product in less than 10 minutes. PhoneTop Messenger provides these features:

Live audio paging and intercom for Cisco UCM
Wave file broadcast to IP phone groups
Text notification with instant feedback from recipients
Local weather alerts pushed to designated phone groups
Missing child Amber alerts pushed to designated phone groups
End user survey pushed to phone groups and results instantly available via web browser






0 comments:

Post a Comment